Mobile food carts

Mobile food carts are covered by a number of different regulations, bylaws and policies. Find out what licences or permits may be required and useful information to get you started setting up your new business.

Guides to getting started in the mobile food cart business, English [PDF, 576 KB] | Korean [PDF, 1010 KB] | Chinese [PDF, 977 KB] | Japanese [PDF, 945 KB] 

Notice of Registration (MFP)

Mobile food carts need to be registered as Movable Food Premises with the Council.

Permit to trade in public places

If a mobile food cart is to trade in public places, a permit for a mobile or travelling shop is also required.

Constructing your mobile food cart

Your mobile food cart must be suitably constructed for the type of food preparation, handling and sale activities that you are planning.

Operating your mobile food cart

Guidelines to help you operate your business with the safety of the food and the processes in mind.

Useful contacts

Technical advice and information from Council and other agencies.