Operating your mobile food truck, caravan, cart or stall is the same as operating any food business. You must follow the requirements of your registration and the Food Act 2014

You are required to sell food that is safe and suitable.

When you are preparing and selling food you must follow the requirements of your Food Control Plan or your National Program.

unsure of what you need to do? check out https://www.mpi.govt.nz/food-safety/food-act-2014/where-do-i-fit/(external link) to determine what type of registration you will need.

If you are trading outside of the Christchurch City Council area you will need to have a third party verifier confirmed as part of your application for registration.

See https://mpi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=7871123ed84d4a84876b980516da7e41(external link) to find a verifier.Registration to sell food is not permission to sell anywhere you wish. You will need the permission of the landowner, event organiser or market operator and to follow any rules for that location from town planning and / or bylaws that apply to the location you want to use.