The Banks Peninsula Community is divided into four subdivisions. Each subdivision has the following:
View subdivision boundary maps [4MB PDF] (Located at the end of the document).
- 2013 Census Population: 1,857
- 1 Council library: Akaroa
- 1 Council service centre: Akaroa
- Council owned social housing: 2 complexes, 6 units
- 3 Schools: Duvauchelle (primary), Okains Bay (primary), Akaroa Area (composite Year 1-13)
- Marae: Ōnuku (Akaroa)
- Approximately 490 businesses employing 740 people.
Mt Herbert Subdivision
- 2013 Census Population: 2,610
- 1 Council library: Lyttelton
- 1 Council service centre: Lyttelton
- Council owned social housing: 4 complexes, 20 units
- 1 School: Lyttelton (primary)
- Approximately 370 businesses employing 1,340 people.