The Council is creating a Tree Network Plan, which will cover the planting, removal and maintenance of trees and tree collections situated in garden and heritage parks.
The scope of the plan is to:
- describe current tree provision, condition and issues
- establish a vision for trees in garden and heritage parks
- set out objectives and policies for managing trees
- identify opportunities for new garden and heritage parks
- identify opportunities for new tree collection themes
- identify existing tree collections to be removed, rejuvenated or expanded
- develop concept landscape plans
- produce an implementation plan setting budgets and time frames.