Any works within the setbacks of waterways within the Council's jurisdiction, whether this is planting, fencing or naturalisation/restoration, check whether you require consents.

Wairarapa Stream shown with a white house in the backgroundContact both Environment Canterbury and the Christchurch City Council.

In particular, consent is required from the Christchurch City Council to build (including decking), fill or excavate within waterway setbacks. If you have any queries please contact us and ask to speak with the Duty Planner.