Let the Christchurch City Council know you have a new dog.
- Submit this online Dog registration form
- We will contact you with a unique ID number and the registration fees(external link) due
- Payment can be made online(external link) or at any Council service desk(external link)
- Once payment is received we will send you your registration tag/s for this year.
More information about Dog registration.
Note: It is an offence to make a false statement relating to dog registration.
Statement for the Purpose of Principle 3 of the Privacy Act
- The information is being collected to enable the Council to maintain its dog register and records
- The intended user of the information is the Council's Environmental Services Unit
- You have the right of access to and correction of any personal information held about you by the Council
- This information is held on the Council's dog register
- Supply of information from the dog register is strictly limited by Section 35 of the Dog Control Act 1996.