Council, 1 December 2014.
Water Supply, Wastewater and Stormwater Bylaw 2014 [PDF 157KB]
The purpose of this bylaw is to:
- Manage, regulate and protect from misuse or damage the Council's water supply, wastewater and stormwater systems
- Protect the public from nuisance and maintain public health and safety.
- Promote the efficient use of water, manage demand for water and protect against waste or misuse of water.
- Protect the water supply from contamination.
- Regulate the use of land, structures and infrastructure associated with the water supply system to protect these assets from damage, misuse, or loss.
- Prevent unauthorised connection to the water supply system.Define the obligations of the Council, installers, owners and the public in matters related to the water supply system.
- Determine the volumes of water consumed on any premises for rating purposes and/or to locate any water leaks at the premises.
The initial resolution to make this bylaw was passed by the Christchurch City Council at a meeting of the Council held on 26 June 2014 and was confirmed following consideration of submissions received during the special consultative procedure by a resolution of the Council at a subsequent meeting of the Council held on 13 November 2014.
The following bylaws are revoked: Christchurch City Council Water Related Services Bylaw 2008