The Hagley Ferrymead Ward area includes the east city suburbs of Avonside, Bromley, Christchurch Central, Ferrymead, Heathcote, Linwood, Mt Pleasant, Phillipstown, Redcliffs, Richmond South, Woolston, Sumner, Taylors Mistake.
- 49,050 residents and 19,800 households.
- 25 Social Housing complexes consisting of 508 Units.
- 15 primary schools and 6 high schools (including private schools).
- 2 hospitals and 10 medical centres.
- 3 Council libraries, 1 mobile library, and 3 volunteer libraries.
- Approximately 7,766 businesses employing 43,190 people.
- Major shopping centres: Eastgate Shopping Centre, South City Mall and the Central City shopping precinct.
- Major sport and recreation amenities: Hagley Park; Victoria Square; Cathedral Square; Botanic Gardens; Latimer Square; Cranmer Square; Avon River; Cambridge Green; Washington Way Skate Park; Avebury Park; Richmond Green; Linwood Park; Woolston Park; Friends of Edmonds Garden.
- 7 neighbourhood facilities (Council community centres, halls and cottages).
- 24 residents groups and 3 active business associations.
- There are approximately 174 community groups supporting community development and recreation in the Hagley Ferrymead Ward.
- There are 6 Council supported community organisation networks that meet on a regular basis.
- As at November 2014 there are 87 community projects operating that are funded through the Hagley Ferrymead Community Board.
- Community Board sponsored and supported projects: Community Service Awards; Neighbourhood Week; Garden Pride Award; Linwood Youth Festival Experience; Winter Blast; Skate Jam.
- Hagley / Ferrymead Ward Area Snapshots 2015/16 [PDF, 13 MB]
- Avonside / Richmond South [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Bromley [PDF, 866 KB]
- Christchurch Central [PDF, 1.4 MB]
- Greater Linwood [PDF, 1.2 MB]
- Greater Woolston [PDF, 1 MB]
- Heathcote Valley [PDF, 948 KB]
- Mt Pleasant / Redcliffs [PDF, 882 KB]
- Phillipstown [PDF, 1.1 MB]
- Sumner / Taylors Mistake [PDF, 1 MB]