Shirley Papanui ward comprises the suburbs of: Belfast; Redwood; Marshland; Sawyers Arms; Shirley and St Albans; Papanui and Styx.
- 59,349 residents and 22,956 households
- 17 Council social housing complexes
- 15 primary schools, two intermediates, and three high schools
- one hospital and 12 medical centres
- two Council libraries and one community volunteer library
- approximately 5,258 businesses employing 20,010 people
- major sport and recreation amenities: Westminster Sports, Graham Condon Recreation Centre, Westminster Sports, Adrenalin Park
- major shopping centres: Northlands Mall, Northwood Supa Centre, Homebase Centre Shirley, Cranford Street Business Park, Edgeware Shopping Centre, Papanui Shopping Centre
- 19 neighbourhood facilities (Council community centres, halls and cottages)
- 12 residents' groups and two business associations.
- There are approximately 42 community groups supporting community and social development in the ward.
- There are two Council-supported community networks that meet on a regular basis.
- As at November 2014 there are 86 community projects operating that are funded through the Shirley Papanui Community Board.
- Community Board sponsored projects: Community Service Awards, Community Pride Garden Awards, Sustainable Edible Garden Awards, Positive Youth Development Fund, Leadership Day, Youth Recreation Project, Engagement with the Community, Teacher Recognition, Youth Democracy Project, Belfast Skate Jam, St Albans Skate Jam, North West Youth Events, Big Splash.