Contact the Council within 24 hours to report a lost, stolen or missing bin.
If bins go missing:
Phone the Council on 03 941 8999 or 0800 800 169 within 24 hours (and before 11pm on the day after your collection) to report the missing bin
Check that a neighbour hasn't taken the bin by mistake
The sticker on the side of the bin will show the right property address
- If a bin has gone in to the hopper it will be replaced within four working days of it being reported by the owner or discovered by Waste Management.
- There is no charge for a replacement bin if you report the loss within 24 hours of collection day
- If you report the loss more than 24 hours later, there will be a charge per bin
- If you leave your bin outside of your property after 11pm on your collection day and it is stolen, there will be a replacement charge, regardless of when you report the theft to the Council
- If your bin is stolen from private property there will be replacement charges applied
|Amount (inc GST)
||80 litre bin
||140 litre bin
||240 litre bin