The green organics bin is collected weekly and the contents are recycled into compost. The Council aims to reduce contamination in the green bin so less waste is going to landfill.
What can go in the green organics bin
- Fruit and vegetables including pips and stones
- Meat, bones and fish
- Bread, pastries and flours
- Cut flowers, prunings, cuttings and branches
- Coffee grindings and tea bags
- Dairy products
- Garden waste
- Human and animal hair
- Food-soiled cardboard containers, paper towels and serviettes
- Shells - including egg shells.
Food waste can be wrapped in newspaper before putting it in the green bin.
You can also use paper or cardboard to line your bin.