The yellow recycling bin is collected every two weeks.
What can go in the yellow bin
- Paper and cardboard - all clean paper (including shredded paper), magazines, cardboard and up to four phone books
- Metals - aluminium cans, metal tins (lids in the red bin) and aerosols
- Glass - clean glass bottles and jars (the lids in the red bin)
- Plastics - clean hard plastic household containers and bottles (numbers 1-7, lids in the red bin), and supermarket checkout bags.
All items with the exception of supermarket checkout bags must be loose and unsquashed.
What can't go in your recycling bin
- No disposable coffee cups
- No small household appliances
- No drinking glasses or crockery
- No plastic film, wrap, strap, or newspaper wrap
- No plastic bags other than supermarket checkout bags
- No foil or other metal objects including machinery
- No clothing or shoes
- No light bulbs or window glass
- No liquids or food
- No building paper
- No coat hangers of any sort
- No wet paper or used paper towels
- No CD, videos and cases they come in
- No bubble wrap
- No fireworks
- No dead animals/pets
- No polystyrene/meat trays
Use the Wheelie Bins App to find out what goes in each bin.