If you love Christchurch and want to vote on the future of Christchurch, enrol to vote so you can have a say on the people who will make decisions on what happens in your community.

If you're not enrolled to vote, visit the Electoral Commission(external link); call 0800 367 656; or freetext your name and address to 3676.

To request a special vote, contact the Electoral Officer on 0800 666 922, 03 941 8581 or email elections2016@ccc.govt.nz.

Residential roll

If you are registered to vote in parliamentary elections, you will be automatically enrolled on the local body residential electoral roll at the address where you live.

Any changes to the residential roll (address details, etc) should be made by:

Ratepayer roll

If you are on the electoral roll in one area and pay rates on a property in another area, you may be eligible for enrolment on the non-resident ratepayer roll.

A business, company, corporation or society paying rates on a property, may nominate one of its members or officers as a ratepayer elector (providing the nominated person is on the parliamentary roll outside of the city, ward or community the property is in). Where multiple people are shown as ratepayers of a property, if all those ratepayers are on the electoral roll outside of the city, ward or community the property is located in, those ratepayers can nominate one of them as a ratepayer elector for the property.

For more information on the ratepayer roll, eligibility, to make changes to the roll or to get ratepayer roll enrolment forms, please  contact us and ask for the Electoral Officer.

You can also download the Ratepayer Enrolment Form [PDF, 251 KB].


To find out which ward you are in, see the Ward boundary maps.