Every three years we review our 10-year plan where we outline our priorities, our projects and how we propose to pay for it all. Christchurch City Council adopted the 2018-2028 Long Term Plan on 26 June 2018.
Thanks again to everyone who helped shape our city’s future by giving feedback on our draft Long Term Plan 2018-28. The final version of the Long Term Plan is now available below.
This includes a document showing what changed from the draft version to the final, following public feedback.
Long Term Plan volume 1 [PDF, 7.6 MB]
- Cover and contents [PDF, 467 KB]
- Mayors introduction, Partnership with Mana Whenua, Auditors report [PDF, 1.9 MB]
- We listened: Changes from draft to final [PDF, 670 KB]
- Financial overview [PDF, 493 KB]
- Funding impact statement [PDF, 1.5 MB]
- Financial prudence benchmarks [PDF, 843 KB]
- Community outcomes [PDF, 176 KB]
- Activities and services [PDF, 1.3 MB], see Service plans
- Capital programme [PDF, 330 KB]
- Financial statements [PDF, 1.1 MB].
- Cover and contents [PDF, 463 KB]
- Significance and engagement policy [PDF, 677 KB]
- Revenue financing and rating policies [PDF, 1.6 MB]
- Treasury risk management policy [PDF, 885 KB]
- Council controlled organisations [PDF, 427 KB]
- Fees and charges for 2018/19 (GST inclusive 15%) [PDF, 709 KB]
- Development of Maori capacity to contribute to Council decision making processes [PDF, 333 KB]
- Variation between assessment of services and the services in the long term plan [PDF, 317 KB]
- Reserves and trust funds [PDF, 312 KB]
- Capital endowment fund. [PDF, 250 KB]
We asked a range of people what's important to them and what they care about most. Here's what they said.
Repairing our roads and pipes remains a high priority. We also need to keep the city running, and provide our libraries, recreation centres and events you all love.